Being a part of RedeemerPampa and being in a Gospel Community are like porcupines and quills. They pretty much define each other. If you're on the fence, just curious or if you love your Gospel Community and want to add a comment, this post is for you!
So here you have it, 10 reasons to get involved in a Gospel Community:
10. Gospel Communities currently meet at 2 convenient mid-week times. The McKay's and the Cuellar's Communities meet on Wednesday nights at 6:30 and the Buck's meets on Thursday nights at 6:00. As the groups grow and multiply, we will continue to add meeting times that work for people. If you have a student (6-12th grades), they can attend the Student Gospel Community at the Buck's on the 1st and 2nd Wednesday of each month and come to your G.C. on the 3rd and 4th.
9. The food's not bad, especilly if you find yourself in the McKay's Community. The fact is, eating together is probably the oldest form of showing hospitality and acceptance. We like to show these things any chance we get.
8. Have questions about the Bible? God? Church? How Robin makes her food taste so good? Just ask! We promise you will not be met with eye-rolls. We certainly don't have all the answers but we WILL walk with you in finding them in God's Word.
7. If you have kiddos, don't worry, you don't have to get a babysitter. I (Karmen) show up to the McKay's group each week to hang out with the younger ones (under 6th grade) from the Wednesday night groups. We will explore Gospel-Centered living and we will be challenging each other to live for Jesus.
6. Our Gospel Communities are diverse, they have kids, students, young adults, parents and grandparents in them. We know you'll find some friends to link arms with as we live out the Mission to follow Jesus and make disciples.
5. Gospel Communities are open groups. You are welcome and encouraged to invite people to come with you. This also means you are welcome to come check it out without feeling like you're committing the rest of your life to this group. (Though we think you'll pretty much get hooked right away!) So come any week, we're always catching each other up, you won't feel left out or behind!
4. None of us is perfect. We all know that. But many times we put up a great effort to appear that way, even among our fellow believers. Gospel Communities are different. We seek to keep a transparent atmosphere where it's safe to say we're not OK. (Don't worry, noboby is going to call on you and ask you to share your deepest, darkest secrets) The Bible is clear that confession to others is healthy for our souls (James 5:16) and struggles will not be met with judgement but with encouragent and help along the path.
3. Making a difference for Jesus in our community and in the world is in the DNA of these groups and we would love for you to bring your ideas and expertise to a group.
2. We will mostly be talking through the implications of the Sunday morning message in Gospel Communities each week. We love this model because it forces us to continue to deal with the Word spoken as we walk throughout our week. It keeps us meditating on what we've heard from the Lord. It challenges us in specific ways to follow through on what Jesus calls us to each week. Each week's message is available online at www.redeemerpampa.com but is certainly not required listening for coming to a Gospel Community.
1. We were created by a God who, himself, exists in community, (Father, Son, Spirit) and has made us for community. (Acts 2, Romans 12, Genesis 2) Let's face it, we need each other. In a world consumed by cyber-relationships, we could all stand to reclaim some real "face time."
Are you involved in a Gospel Commnunity? How is it making an impact on your life?